Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Captain Ron


Aqua Alex
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
By the time this arrives, you will have probably have heard this story, but I want to preserve it for posterity. One of the captains of the Ohio State basketball team is a senior guard named Ron Lewis. He is from Columbus, but started out his collegiate career at Bowling Green. As good as he is, the press is much more enamored with our all world freshmen.

Ohio State was losing to Xavier in the NCAA tournament the other day by 9 points with less than 3 minutes to play; I looked at the boys and told that "its gonna be tight," and it was. We did not tie the contest until the final 2 seconds when Ron Lewis hit a 26 foot three pointer to send us to overtime. We were very excited, but I tried to temper the boys enthusiasm a bit by telling them that we would have to play overtime without the big guy (he fouled out).

Alex looked right up at me and said, "That's all right, we've got Captain Ron!" I thought it was adorable, and I passed it on to the people at Ohio State. On Monday morning I am told that "Captain Ron" looked at my message and "he had the biggest smile!" RAP (3.20.2007)

No comments: