Monday, July 2, 2007

See Ya Later


See Ya Later
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
When I conduct an "achievement hour" (give them a small reward for answering questions) I am often amazed at how the boys treat their reward differently. Michael greedily gobbles each candy as soon as he gets them. On the hand, Alex, for the most part, will store them away for later. It does not dampen his enthusiasm, he still wants to get as many as possible, but he just may not eat them now. You might infer that the reward does not matter, that he just wants the thrill of victory, but that is not quite true; if the reward is something he doesn't want he will withdraw from the contest. I think this ties into Alex's behavior to not over consume, which is good because I think he has my metabolism. RAP (7.2.2007)

No comments: