Wednesday, May 25, 2005

No one is a stranger to Alex


Contemplation
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
Alex has completed his third year at Little Shepherds, and is ready to enroll in Kindergarten this autumn. It was an emotional moment for Alex, and in my mind's eye I always pictured him standing up and giving a speech like this: "I would like to thank all the bears who made this possibly; Big Bear, Baby Bear, Cuddly Bear...." He didn't make that speech, but that does not mean I still can't hold on to the image.

While Jenny was gone, Cinda took Alex to lunch one day with her friend Jill. They were both so charmed by him; through her observations, Jill concluded "That no one is a stranger to Alex." During their time together, Alex repeatedly walked up to people, and found a way to talk to them like they were old friends. I wouldn't say this talent is effortless, that would belittle his skill and that fact that he intiates each contact. What I would say is that this behavior appears completely natural and he he makes it appears effortless.
RAP

No comments: