Saturday afternoon, Michael's Royals faced off against the diabolical Devil Rays in a contest of bat and ball. The forces of good and virtue scored 4 runs, of which Michael had an RBI, was a run and had a RWI ("Run Walked In"-ha!) to tie the game at 4-4. In addition, late in the match, while at second, he fielded a grounder cleanly and ran to the base to force the runner out. A pretty good game in a losing effort (5-4), and he was almost rewarded with the game ball, but it was not to be.
Baseball is boring, I don't think that is in doubt. Michael has snagged everything that has been hit to him, but you are fortunate if that is every other game, so I try to make it as fun for him as I can by providing him with big league chew (which he shares, good for his social integration) and rewarding with him ice cream for good efforts. However, nothing I do makes his face light up like it is when his foot was touching home plate for the tying score on the front of this card.
RAP(6.19.2008)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment