One of the advantages of having the boys read the same stuff I did, or playing the same games I once played, is that it helps create a foundation of shared experiences that will, hopefully, allow us to understand each other as time passes. Their recently concluded first seasons of football has been that to an extent.
Alex's team gathered for the final time this past Sunday at the bowling alley over in Plain City, near the Amish restaurant. I secretly smiled to myself when I learned the location, because after many of my home football games in high school my friends would pick me up after I was showered and dressed, and take me to that very same emporium. I don't recall ever bowling with them; instead, I poured quarters into the pinball machine in an experience much like Michael and Alex just had.
RAP (11.6.2008)
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment