Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Competitive Fire


Go Alex Go
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
The boys' basketball games are on Saturday; to get them ready I have been taking them to the gym at the Rec Center Friday nights. We practice for an hour, and then go swimming. It is very popular, and their are big bodies all over the court, so we also do drills that don't involve shooting.

I want to encourage and help Michael to run like he is capable. He has always been fast, but he has not been running with good form, and not tapping into his 5th gear. So I corrected their form and had them run a gasser. Alex won, and I wasn't going to have that, so I had them run again and again until Michael won. He had downed a bottle of water and was breathing through his mouth, which I did correct, so he was hurting. More interestingly was that Alex was struggling too, but his fire wouldn't let Michael win just to get it over with. When Michael finally won, he earned it.
RAP (12.23.2008)

No comments: