Many of the people we know stay in a relatively small geographic area at home, and go to the same places over and over again. It is nice to enjoy a familiar place, but if you go to the same place over and over I would argue that you should explore, do new things and take in the best of the place. At least, that is what we try to do with the boys.
At the end of the year we were in Los Angeles once more, and I took the opportunity to show the boys two of its noteworthy comic shops (Secret HQ and Meltdown), its most famous record store (Amoeba) and a shop that features gluten free and gourmet churros (Xooro). I can't claim that the entire experience wasn't all new; we ended our day trip at the Santa Monica pier which we have haunted before. It may not have been new, but it was different; for the first time the boys rode the roller coaster.
RAP (1.14.2009)
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment