When I worked late at the grocery store in high school, often I would buy a bag or two of candy before walking home. The next day I took it school with me and I'd toss Skittles, Starbursts, Peppermint Patties and the like around in my Honors English class when Mr. Rogers had his back turned; as soon as his back turned, hands all across the room would go up, candy would zoom across the air, and generally we all had a good time. Mr. Rogers was in on it, and occasionally a Reese's peanut butter cup headed in his direction.
I believe that little celebrations in life are important and as such I like to make Fridays a bit more special for the boys, so I often sneak a surprise into their lunches for that day. During Lent it has been Easter Candy, mini-Cadbury eggs in particular. I also add the a bit of wisdom each time: "It's nice to share." I see it a bit as a candy dish, and it never hurts to have a candy dish at your desk. Well, it has grown and now Fridays are special for more than just our boys. It has turned out to make Fridays special for me once more as I hear Michael, in particular, tell me that he shoots them around the table, harkening back to a time that doesn't seem so long ago.
RAP (3.18.2009)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment