Typically the stills from my camera are captured in closer proximity to the boys, but this one was taken at a distance for a reason; I wanted to highlight how isolated Alex chose to make himself. We were at one of Michael's baseball games and Alex found a place away from the hubbub, because he wanted to read the volumes of Bone that had just arrived. And this is our social child!
I am very happy at the love of reading we have cultivated in them. We loan things from the library, but as long as they read it, I will buy them almost anything. The author of Bone, Jeff Smith, has an exhibition at the Wexner Center for the Arts, and he is also hosting a night of Looney Tunes cartoons (a big influence on his work) in 2 weeks. We are planning to take the boys to both, to further stoke their enthusiasm and imagination. RAP (5.23.2008)
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment