Monday, April 17, 2006

His Followers Followed Even When He Was Wrong


Egg Hunt
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
Monday night we had our first Phillies (Michael's Team) practice and on Tuesday night we had our first one for the Cubbie Bears (I wonder who is on that team?). I am coaching the Cubs, and was flying solo our first practice; Jens said it went well.

It was a little surprising how much of a leader Alex is. Every time I asked a question he was the first and most vocal to answer. When I asked the kids to run to a place, they would run as a pack and follow Alex. And like a true leader, his followers followed even when he was wrong (he and his posse ran to 3rd when I said go to short stop)!

After practice I acquired for Michael and Alex popsicles from Whole Foods to make the practices a bit more rewarding; when I was a kid going to Sonic for slushies afterwards was always my favorite part of little league practice!
RAPatton

No comments: