Friday, April 7, 2006

Not Doing Things Until They are Ready


Sky Surfer
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
One of the things the boys are very good about is not doing things until they are ready. Alex used to never want to be hurled through the air, or go head deep in the ocean, but now he can't imagine not doing it on vacation. Likewise, Michael may appear to be a daredevil, but has always chosen to do only the things that he thinks he can do. If he thinks he can do a flip, he can; If he does not, good luck trying to make him do it.

On this trip, Michael decided he was ready for a waverunner. I was not crazy about the idea, but he persuaded me. Reluctantly, I decided that on the last morning of our trip we (the two of us) would pay the extortionist prices (the sign said one fee, but the people running it wanted twice as much, they just had not updated it yet) and go for it; however fate interceded and their was a high surf warning that morning. I got lucky this time, but I am pretty sure Michael will make me go out next year.
RAP

No comments: