The boys are progressing in their football endeavors. Both do really well on some plays and are generally running until they hear the whistle. The one thing they are not doing yet, that I really want them to do, is run at full speed. It appears that they are moving at 3/4 speed all the time. Part of it is they are still thinking, instead of reacting. You play fast when you know what to do.
What I want them to do is what Michael did when we spied an Ice Cream truck in the distance while watching Alex's game; as soon as I put a Lincoln in his hand, he was gone. They way he cleared those 200 yards you would swear he is going to be a track star. No hesitation, just relentless pursuit of his goal of getting to the Ice Cream truck before it moved on. One day, I hope that the football will be like a snocone, push up or bomp pop.
RAP (9.17.2008)
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment