Friday, October 3, 2008

The Days are Cooler, Darker and the Colors are Richer


Nice Catch
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
The days are cooler, darker (making us play in the velvet of twilight) and the colors are richer: autumn is arriving. This weekend we will embrace the season fully as we expect to go the pumpkin patch, gather apples in an orchard and partake of a hay ride in two.

An integral part of our autumns is the boys' birthdays; at the moment our biggest activity is planning the celebration for Michael's eleventh. He has asserted control over it this year, and I am glad he has decided to return it to our house. I've always thought that those were the best parties and had the most character, plus I can't wait to break out the dark lights and dry ice. Michael's best friend Jon moved to Louisiana and that has been hard on him; it is my hope that his party can be a tonic and help him connect with others as well as he did with Jon. Aiding him socially is one of the biggest reasons I have always put so much into their parties, and for the most part I think it has worked. With some good fortune perhaps this party will help autumn's days be bright and warm for Michael.
RAP(10.3.2008)

No comments: