I've enjoyed the boys' birthday celebrations over the years; Alex's beat Michigan birthday bash has been great, and Michael's costumed Halloween mini-raves are fantastic fun. Apparently, last year's party was particularly epic, because I keep hearing about it months later; I guess that is what happens when you have 22 boys spend the night, more LED and Glow toys than one can imagine, and an inflatable obstacle course. Although the one thing I keep hearing about is how the kids loved the human piƱata; that is when yours truly sprints around holding a bucket of candy on my head as they try to keep up and shake it out of me. I did that 3 or 4 times to squeals of delight.
For this year's celebration, Michael chose to have his party at Movie Tavern, a bistro that combines stadium seating with waiter service; what more can a 12 year old ask for? They find the concept amazing. We invited 11 of his friends and took in Where the Wild Things are. It was a bit chaotic, and our first waiter was fired after the first half hour (not by us, but by them), but he, and they, had fun. It is a bit more reserved than he has had in the past, but still light years ahead in sociability than what I used to do although mine was in the same vein; For my 12th I took one friend to see Mel Brook's To Be on Not to Be. But isn't that what you want for your sons, to be like you somewhat, but better?
RAP (10.19.2009)
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment