Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We're on a Mission From God


Invite
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
As their father, it is my responsibility to ensure that the boys are culturally educated. This effort has included trips to museums far and wide, concerts and screenings of films that have cultural importance. One such film that captured their imagination, and tickled their funny bones, was "The Blues Brothers." Recognizing how it resonated with my set of brothers, I suggested that this Halloween they should go as Jake and Elwood. On October 31st, out amongst the sea of princess, zombies and Pokemons an iconic pair might knock on your doors and utter "we're on mission from God" instead of "trick or treat." Don't worry about them lingering though, because you never know who might be chasing after them.

In addition to applauding their choice as one of excellent taste, I am also proud of myself in that I was able engineer them to select these costumes. After all, how often do you get your kids to beg to buy them a suit? Perhaps, I should start talking about how great James Bond is, because I'd bet they look great in a tuxedos holding chocolate milks that were shaken, not stirred.

RAP (9.29.2009)

No comments: