Monday, May 14, 2007

Ready For Takeoff


Ready For Takeoff
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
Michael and Alex were able to have several care free days in Orlando, but unfortunately I had to work. On the day of my speech, I was in the room at 1pm dealing with an issue from work while simultaneously trying to improve my presentation. That was mistake: I accidentally destroyed the database I needed for my presentation. I tried to reinstall the software, but I realized that I left the disks at home. Then I tried to use the machines provided for the presenters instead of Jenny's laptop. To my horror I discovered it had the express version of SQL Server which lacked the features I needed. Then I tried to download the advanced version in my room: it was 300MB and the estimate was that i would not finish downloading until the next day; I rushed down to the speaker VIP room and used the connection there. It took about 15 minutes to get it and 25 to install it. The feature I needed was not there when I tested it. After some research, I learned I had to run the install with different options. Finally, at 4:40 everything worked. My first speech started at 4:45. RAP (5.14.2007)

No comments: