Summer movie season arrived Friday with the "Wolverine" film. It was mediocre, as you would expect from a film with such a name, but even if it was christened "Buckeye," I don't think it would have been art. The notable thing about our viewing is that the boys were able to attend it with us. Yes, they are now old enough to be subjugated to bad films for adult audiences at the theater.
I am very happy about this because not only does it cost less without a babysitter, but it allows us to experience it together, and I am believer in the importance of shared experiences in building a relationship. In the past we've taken them to most every kids film available, but this greatly expands the amount of cinema we can share, discuss and use as a touchstone for understanding, and it spares me from seeing anything like that masterpiece "Doogle" ever again. Beyond that it also increases their ability to connect with people through a great immersion in our culture and it sharpens their analytical skills as demonstrated by Alex's summary review of our entertainment: "There are things I would have changed."
RAPatton (5.4.2009)
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment