Monday, March 3, 2008

We Are Burning Daylight


We Are Burning Daylight
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
Recently Alex told me that Tuesday is his least favorite day of the week. I was surprised because Tuesday's are Pizza Day at school, and I think everyone knows that Pizza Day is the *best* day at school, at least it was in my childhood. Pizza Day is the only day Alex buys his lunch, the other four days he packs. He doesn't know it, but we do that so that there is solidarity between him and Michael whose dietary restrictions mean he has to pack.

So I ask questions trying to discover what is wrong with Tuesday. There are no classes that he doesn't like, no bullies, no nothing; school is great. Growing weary, he spits out that they and bad because of CCD, and that CCD is so bad it even undoes the greatness of Pizza day!

Ha! I can tell you that Alex has a great time at CCD. Michael on the other hand does not, and I think this may be Alex showing solidarity for Michael. RAP (3.3.2008)

No comments: