Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Slumber Party


Old Blue Eyes
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
When Bill and Wendy spent the night Saturday, I volunteered to have Jake in my room so they could sleep easier only having to take care of Ellie. We had him in our room Christmas Eve, and Jake and I get along very well. I thought that he would be in the pack and play I set up, but Bill suggested putting him in my bed; we never let Michael and Alex do this, except when they were sick when I wanted to keep on ear on their breathing. However, this is the way he sleeps at home and our bed is huge, so why not?

Much like his godmother, he wants to be right next to you when he sleeps. I wake up many times through out the night, and no matter where he was when I closed my eyes, each time they opened his face was about an inch from my face, almost nose to nose. Since I didn't have my contacts on, I can actually focus at that distance, which is kind of surreal and a bit startling. He was a good boy, not crying during the night, just occasionally asking for his blankie which would get lost under the comforter. In he morning, he just sat there, even though he could here the boys and his dad, just happy as could be, but he was with his favorite Uncle after all.
RAP (3.12.2008)

No comments: