As you are aware, I purchase the boys a ton of books. On average I would guess a book a week, plus three comic books. Most of it is literary junk food, but the importance is that they are reading. For the most part, I let them choose what to read, but occasionally I push something. Perhaps it is longer than they have read before or I maybe it is has more merit. Recently, I have done just this with Michael. I am having him read the "Lord of the Flies." It is a great book, and while it is advanced, I thought that the idea of a group of boys being on island alone would interest him. It has. Since this is more of a literary challenge, I bought him the Sparks Notes, and I am having him read it after each chapter as a way to build good study habits.
I was cleaning up late Saturday night before I went to bed, and I noticed the end table with his book. I liked the juxtaposition of the academic pursuits with the whimsical Bart Simpson bookmark and Tamagotchi.
RAP (3.5.2008)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment