Michael fell asleep during Grease Saturday night, but he wanted to see the rest of the movie, so he and I watched the ending the other evening. We were watching the "Gift of the Magi" sequence, where they sing "You are the one that I want." When Olivia Newton John appeared on screen in her all black, with her permed hair, high heels and bright lipstick Michael took one look at her and excitedly screamed, with a sense of wonder overflowing, "She's a tomboy!"
I learned two things in that moment. The first made me laugh to myself: Michael does not understand what a tomboy is in the conventional sense. The other thing, the more important one, is I think I just got a handle on what type of personality Michael likes in girls. It shall be an interesting adolescence.
RAP (3.13.2008)
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's really funny. :)
Post a Comment