Monday, August 18, 2008

A Future in Politics


Ever Social
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
Before Alex was born, I predicted that he would be able to be elected to office if he so chose; as time passes, and his skills and personality are revealed, my chatter seem more and more like a premonition. The most recent foreshadowing came Monday when Alex informed us that he organized the kids at chess camp so that they shared their snacks with each other. That evening Chris Obert was caught raiding his pantry by his mother; he was inspired to bring more items to share (Chris also now wants braces because Alex has them!). On Tuesday the fever peaked, as one little girl, whose name Alex does not even know, got carried away during the feast of Alex and enthusiastically told the others, "we need people like Alex to end world hunger." After which she proclaimed, "if he were to run for president, I would vote him!" A hearty cheer erupted as the lunch room morphed into scene reminiscent of parliament as the others kids loudly added their "me too"s! By the way, have I ever told you that if Alex wants one, I think he has a future in politics?
RAP (8.18.2008)

No comments: