Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Snoopy For President!


In Synch
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
As we disembarked from the high speed, technological marvel known as "The Mummy" at Universal Studios Hollywood, Alex and Michael remarked that they could not find the "Snoopy for President" sign. I thought "Huh?" but moments later it came back to me.

Last summer, when we visited Universal with their cousins, the boys were reluctant to ride such a fearsome attraction. Being "The Mummy," it was ominous and foreboding, so I changed the narrative by suggesting that one of the ride engineers left an Easter Egg: one of the ghastly ghouls was holding up a sign that proclaimed "Snoopy For President." It worked. They rode it last year and liked it, and did not even flinch about riding it this year. I guess when you are looking for a silly beagle, things just aren't as scary.
RAP (8.5.2008)

No comments: