Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Good Childhood and a Solid Foundation


Thar She Is
Originally uploaded by Jagrap
Michael and Alex have extensively traveled across America for such young lads; in the last 18 months the list includes New Orleans, Miami, New York, San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Hawaii among others locals.

It is not just the breadth of their experiences, it is the depth. In our most recent trip they have seen old friends of theirs and of ours, gone to Comic Con and the seashore, experienced a Dodgers' victory on a crisp night and Universal Studios on a sunny day, all while slipping into a Southern California world entirely alien to their own. I am exhausted just chaperoning their lives. As their father I can give them a good childhood and a solid foundation; I hope that these sojourns, and the experiences from them, we have escorted them on contribute to both.
RAP (8.6.2008)

No comments: