Once upon a time, the boys, or at least Michael, danced freely with me, and even at parties. However, on Saturday night dancing the night away was not their heart's desire. I didn't want to let that stand, because in life you have more fun if you are out there doing instead of being glued to a chair.
Knowing that it is something that they would enjoy once they took the initial plunge, I sought to send them out on the dance floor. Of course, this was not a situation where you could just push them into the pool and get it over with (although I did try that by gently suggesting that they migrate away from the sidelines). My solution to let them save face and to increase the enticement factor was to let them "dance" in their socks. This allowed for slippy, slidey fun that was a gateway to the parquet and allowed me to witness an evening of fun as I watched glued to my chair.
RAP (8.6.2008)
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you should take your own advice and get off the sidelines playa
Post a Comment